Job Role and Responsibilities
This role will work on the Infrastructure Data Analytics Team to create solutions which increase stability, create clarity, and reduce the operational costs of highly visible applications and software systems for Northern Trust. These solutions require the use of Big Data tools such as Splunk, ELK, and Hadoop, as well as integration with tools such as Service-Now.
- Infrastructure components (e.g. VMs, Servers, Routers, Network Switches, Accelerators, etc.)
- Proven Diagnosis and Tuning experience, with Applications or Infrastructure Components
- Automation Tools and Techniques
Exposure to / Plus:
- Data Science tools (e.g. Splunk ITSI, Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit, Splunk Visualiztion, etc.)
- Data transformation and Conformal Mapping/Decomposition
- Statistical Analysis with R, Matlab, Octave, or other scripting language
Qualifications / Skills:
- 7+ years of experience.
- Proven quick self-directed learner
- BA or BS in Math, CS, Engineering, Physics, or a Quantitative Science
- 5+ years in an IT Infrastructure Engineering Role
- Knowledge of a Statistics and how to apply it to Infrastructure Data
- Ability to code in an Object Oriented Language such as Java or C++
- Ability to code in a Functional Paradigm such as Scala or Go Lang
- Ability to code in a scripting language such as SPL, Python or others
- Exposure to the areas of AI, ML, and Data Science with an ability and desire to grow.
- Good communication skills
- Team Player