Dev/Ops Engineer – Big Data, Glue
Company Name: Amazon
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Date Posted: 24th May, 2018
You will have responsibility for:
- Be proactive in solving the problems and looking for ways to improve our services.
- Continuously develop systems and automation to improve the availability and reliability of AWS Glue.
- Design and build systems and automation to drive performance and scalability goals of AWS Glue.
- Work with all forms of technical and non-technical peers to build, deliver, and manage the infrastructure and services across all of AWS Glue.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and be obsessed with delighting our customers!
- Be a technical leader and driver for operational excellence.
- 5+ years proficiency in scripting/programming languages Shell, Java, Ruby, Python or other DevOps oriented language
- 5+ years of proven operating systems knowledge Linux/Unix
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Deep experience integrating software solutions, automating manual processes and/or building portals or internal tools
- Experience with UI development and building innovative user experiences.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- DevOps evangelist and zealot