Company Name: Splice Machine
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 24th May, 2016
- Be the expert commentator on major industry shifts in RDBMS and big data, particularly around Hadoop, HBase, Spark and Splice Machine.
- Build programs to grow our Splice Machine developer community, planning and participating in webcasts, hackathons, developer events and other technical outreach activities.
- Generate informative and persuasive technical content for a variety of channels including social media, blogs, podcasts, webinars, community, and industry relevant events.
- Deliver engaging technical presentations related to our product that excites developers to explore and use Splice Machine’s dual-engine database solution.
- Funnel developer feedback to our product teams to drive the right level of change as the product evolves.
- Network and seek opportunities to increase Splice Machine’s visibility particularly within the Hadoop, Hbase, Spark and RDBMS communities.
- 5+ years in developer evangelism or technical presales.
- Demonstrated storytelling skills leveraging your knowledge of all things database, making you a trusted expert.
- Deep intuition on how to read and engage the developer community.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to identify new and effective ways to excite developers looking to manage the volume and velocity of their data.
- Coding expertise in Java and SQL with some experience in MapReduce, Hive, or Spark
- Flexibility to travel wherever an opportunity to talk about Splice Machine presents itself.
- Self-starter. Able to learn quickly, prioritize effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced, early stage start-up environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. CS or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Samples of your work - send us links to your videos presenting.