Director, Data Science
The Director, Data Science will lead eHarmony’s Machine Learning team to deliver technically excellent, highly predictive models to help serve eHarmony’s customers. You will work on the heart of our matchmaking engine. You will be responsible for making sure that we deliver the best matches possible throughout the world, improving the infrastructure that processes users’ individual preferences, culture, and background and learns from their feedback. You will translate unstructured business problems into well-defined machine learning projects. You will be wrangling data from different sources and formats together to train machine learning models on. While this is a leadership role we still expect some hands on contributions, so the ability to deliver high quality code is required.
- 2 - 3 years of experience leading a team of data scientists developing high quality production ready machine learning pipelines
- Expert command of machine learning, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and engineering best practices
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and project managers to understand their needs and evangelize data science.
- Experience with at least one statically typed language with a preference for Scala
- Experience with at least one dynamically typed language with a preference for Python
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
- A graduate degree in computer science, math, statistics or a related quantitative field is a plus