Hadoop Application Developer
Company Name: Apple
Location: Santa Clara Valley, California,USA
Date Posted: 29th Dec, 2016
Key Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on Hadoop developer will be responsible for the translation of user requirements and system objectives into logical, efficient, and practical workflow designs and Programs.
- This person will be preparing detailed datafile, schema, and program specifications from which new systems will be developed and/or existing systems modified.
- The ability to work independently toward the completion of project milestones.
- Developing detailed specifications for the creation of new or modified programs, including the recommendation of logical designs, record/report layouts, and screen designs.
- Designing program logic to perform business requirements efficiently and reliably.
- Developing and executing unit and systems test plans that will thoroughly exercise system integration.
- Performing business and BI requirement analysis, lead design and develop logical data models by translating business needs into technical solutions.
- Act as a technical resource for others within the group.
- 2+ years of practical experience in the development and maintenance of Hadoop applications using java, MapReduce, hive, oozie, pig, and spark
- 4+ years of experience in the analyze and design of both new and modified system applications
- 4+ years of development experience in RDBMS such as Oracle, Mysql, Teradata
- A solid understanding of data modeling in RDBMS and NOSQL database
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop YARN, Spark is a plus.Strong framework development experience using Java/J2EE Stack
- Strong interest in algorithms
- Ability to work within a team and Passion for development
- Strong expertise in scripting/programming to build re-usable utilities or frameworks ; Specifically Python, Java, Per,l Unix shell.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Have ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities