Hadoop Data Analyst Consultant - Dearborn, MI (exp w/apache hadoop, madreduce) in Dearborn, Michigan
· Support the development and delivery of these models using skills such as data acquisition and management, algorithm design, and model development and refinement.
· Projects involve understanding the essence of business problems, translating them into appropriate mathematical representations, encoding these abstractions into prototype computer programs or models, and interpreting and communicating results to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Participates in gathering technical requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g., facilitated workshops, work sessions and interviews); performs technical analysis and design to the sub-system level (Technical).
· Develops program specifications for all levels of complexity; codes programs from high level specifications or Derived Logical Processes (DLPs) on two or more technical platforms; optimizes program performance and maintainability. Raises business application prototypes to production levels (Technical).
· Defines technical requirements to support a data conversion effort and executes automated and manual data cleansing procedures (Technical).
· Develops standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products (Methodology).
· Leads a team of 4-6 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
· Conducts performance and integration testing, helps analyze test results, and assists in identifying modifications or necessary improvements (Business).
· Establishes and maintains networking relationships with middle management in client organizations (Relationship Management).
· Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products; manages client expectations (Leverage).
· Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for the project; sells ideas persuasively and paces the communications properly (Communication).
· Data discovery, access, transformation, and management experience
· Problem formulation and algorithm development experience
· Model development using appropriate analytics tools
· Solution testing, monitoring, and model/algorithm improvement
· Interpret and communicate results to colleagues and work partners
· Operations Research experience
· Linear and non-Linear Programming, Optimization
· Machine Learning
· Neural Network, Clustering
· Statistical Modeling
· Decision Tree, Regression Modeling
· Database development and management
· Big Data framework (e.g. Hadoop) Experience Required:
· Experience using optimization applications (e.g., CPLEX) and statistics and applied mathematics programming languages (e.g., R),
· Experience of ETL of big and complicated data Experience Preferred:
· Scheduling, Sequencing, Clustering, Decision Theory, Discrete Event Simulation
· Data visualization techniques and software tools
· Manufacturing data retrieving, cleansing, and consolidation
· Experience working in manufacturing environment is a plus
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business, computer science or related field preferred
· Five or more years of experience in technical analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
· One to two years of relevant experience in a particular technical specialty area included
· Experience working with techniques, tools, and approaches for application development and system integration
· Experience working with techniques and approaches for selecting technical products and vendors
· Strong analysis and design skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
· Ability to devise creative technical solutions
· Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
· Willingness to travel 50%+