Hadoop Data Engineer
Company Name: Rockstar San Diego
Location: Carlsbad, California
Date Posted: 16th Jan, 2018
- ETL Development – Safely and securely ingesting large volumes of data from high traffic production environments, auxiliary services, and various structured/unstructured data sources into our Hadoop and Vertica ecosystems.
- Warehouse Development – Assisting the team in tasks of data modelling on a massive scale, using Big Data tools and platforms to deliver high performance data sets.
- Data Quality Management –Troubleshooting and correcting quality issues with source data, as well as implementing auditing and alerting procedures to ensure data accuracy.
- Operational Support – Assisting in the day to day maintenance of Hadoop and Vertica clusters; assist in troubleshooting and bug fixes for daily processes.
- Analysis Support – Collaborating with stakeholders, analysts and data scientists to ensure that high quality data is available to answer any business needs.
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Oozie, Impala, HBase, Scala, etc.).
- Experience with Big Data Ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar position requiring ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Science architectures to be designed and developed.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse design and data modelling standards.
- Expert in at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Experience in understanding the underlining requirements to translate them into data models.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Dynamic team player.
- A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
- Experience with Vertica.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting.
- Experience with Tableau administration.
- Knowledge of the Video Game Industry and video games.