Company Name: Saama Technologies Inc
Location: Campbell, CA
Date Posted: 24th May, 2016
- Execute Hadoop development projects independently as well as leading the project
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Deliver programming results that meet specs and functional requirements on time
- Align project team and client as requirements change
- Use Saama methods and IP to effectively contribute high quality work to Client projects and Saama Solutions
- Drive innovation across practice in project management, technology and client relationships
- Manage the offshore teams as well as be the liaison for the local and the offshore team
- BS/MS in computer science or related discipline
- 8-10 years or more years of programming experience with at least 2 years of Hadoop and minimum of 2 years of Java experience
- Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Hbase and/or Map/Reduce
- MU Unix OS Core Java programming, shell scripting experience.
- Excellent RDBMS (Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server) knowledge for development using SQL/PL SQL.
- Hands on Experience in Oozie Job Scheduling, Storm or other similar technologies
- Previously worked on at least one successful Production Implementation of Hadoop Clusters.
- Solid knowledge on Java Design Patterns.
- Working Knowledge on Predictive Modeling using R or Related programming language.
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time