Company Name: Sonsoft Inc
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 04th Oct, 2016
- Responsible for data Ingestion, data quality, development, production code management and testing/deployment strategy in BigData development (Hadoop).
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting processing issues impacting timely availability of data in the BigData or delivery of critical reporting within established SLAs. Provide mentoring to Level 2 production support team.
- Identifies and recommends technical improvements in production application solutions or operational processes in support of BigData platform and information delivery assets (ie, data quality, performance, supporting Data scientists etc.)
- Focuses on the overall stability and availability of the BigData platform and the associated interfaces and transport protocols.
- Researches, manages and coordinates resolution of complex issues through root cause analysis as appropriate
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key operational sources systems providing data to BigData plaform.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key infrastructure support areas, such as system/Infra engineers.
- Participate in daily standup meetings.
- Ensure adherence to established problem / incident management, change management and other internal IT processes
- Responsible for communication related to any day to day issues and problem resolutions. Communication may include direct department management as well downstream/upstream application contacts and business partners.
- Ensures comprehensive knowledge transition from development teams on new or modified applications moving to ongoing production support.
- Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with development team for ensuring the performance and health of the BigData platform.
- Ensures timely and accurate escalation of issues to management
- At least 2+ years developing and supporting data ingestion using Talend for BigData/Hadoop. (sourced from Teradata, Oracle, files etc)
- Java, Oozie knowledge is preferable. Talend, Pig, Python, Hive knowledge is a must.
- Familiar with all components of the BigData stack in detail, e.g., Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie
- Advanced experience with large BigData or Data warehouse environment is a plus.
- Possess a strong technology, data, and production support background.
- Proven experience working with onshore/off shore support team.
- Previous experience working in a high paced, high pressure Production Support environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend / implement effective solutions
- Previous experience in using IT Ticketing processes for managing incidents and issue resolution and conversant with established Change control / Change management standards
- Natural technical and functional curiosity
- Familiar with Agile Methodology.