The Hadoop Developer will:
- Perform Hadoop development and implementation.
- Load disparate data sets and perform analysis of vast data stores.
- Test prototypes and propose best practices for Big Data.
- Develop new tools and technologies in the video ad serving space.
- Be a part of a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 developers.
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the agile SDLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
- 3+ years experience with Hadoop required, including some of these tools: HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark and Kafka
- 3+ years Object-Oriented skills in any languages required, Linux knowledge and database experiences
- Analytical experience with Big Data for reporting and trends analysis required
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
- Experience managing and analyzing petabytes of data
- Apache Cassandra
- LAMP Stack
- Agile development
- Web-based environments