Company Name: Bank of America
Location: Plano, Texas
Date Posted: 24th Jan, 2017
- Have a good understanding of the E2E process of the application
- Work with the Business Analysts to understand the enhancements / changes being propagated in a particular release cycle, design and work on the coding & unit testing tasks
- Work with the QA team during the SIT phase and support the SIT
- Work with Platform Support team during UAT phase
- Identify improvement areas within the application and work with the respective component teams to implement the same
- Be a good team player
- Flexibility in adapting to team requirements
- Ensuring adherence to defined process & quality standards, best practices
- Ensuring high quality levels in all deliverables
- Adhere to teams governing principles and policies
- Participate in mandatory training and cross functions across team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and zeal to acquire domain knowledge
- Participate and contribute to Team/Project Reviews
- Actively involved in Process improvements and automations.
- Strong knowledge of any one or more of the following databases Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and perform RCA at a short interval
- Ability to think out of box and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to work independently and take up E2E ownership of tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in analyzing text, streams with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL.
- Analyzing data with Hive, Pig and HBase
- 6+ years experience in UNIX & Shell Scripting
- 3+ years experience in job scheduling tools like Autosys
- 3+ years experience in Pig and Hive Queries.
- 3+ years experience Hand on experience with Oozie.
- 3+ years experience in Importing and exporting the data using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database systems/mainframe and vice-versa.
- 3+ years experience in MapReduce.
- 6+ years experience in any one or more of the following databases Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
- 2+ years experience in Banking or financial services domain