Company Name: The Oak Leaf Group
Location: Washington DC
Date Posted: 28th Feb, 2017
- Manage data extraction jobs, but also play a vital role to build new data pipelines from various structured and unstructured sources into Hadoop.
- Execute and/or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria.
- Support patching, incident and problem management activities.
- Enable environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts.
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2 + years of strong hands-on experience developing code in Hadoop with knowledge of Hive, Pig, and/or Sqoop.
- 3 + years of strong hands-on experience developing in Python, shell scripting, JAVA.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Unix, Hadoop architecture and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) landscape.
- Nice to have skills with AWS, Scala, Oracle and/or Netezza.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and time management skills.