Company Name: Caterpillar
Location: Peoria, IL
Date Posted: 16th Apr, 2017
- Performs all duties without close supervision. However, more complex assignments may require closer supervision and assistance.
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity.
- Works directly on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
- Works independently on complex modules that may be used by one or more programs or applications.
- Works independently on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components.
- Under the direction of more senior staff, assists in the development of major application modules and programs.
- Participates in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components.
- Works with vendors on the integration of purchased application and/or infrastructure solutions.
- Assists less senior staff with logic problems and interpretation of specifications.
- Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, basic system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
- Designs and implements processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, M.I.S., Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Technology related field.
- 1+ year of Hadoop programming experience.
- 2+ years of application development or support experience.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 1+ year of experience in relational data base.
- Knowledgeable of the latest technology in programming languages; computing hardware and software; and current development processes and tools.
- 2 to 4 years of programming, integration or infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.