• Hadoop development and implementation.
• Loading from disparate data sets.
• Pre-processing using Hive and Pig.
• Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop.
• Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
• Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
• Maintain security and data privacy.
• Create scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking.
• High-speed querying.
• Managing and deploying HBase.
• Being a part of a POC effort to help build new Hadoop clusters.
• Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
• Propose best practices/standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets is a must
• 2+ years of proven experience in Big Data Components/Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, YARN)
• Knowledge and experience of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), product development methodologies, database design concepts and system integration strategies.
• Experienced in SQL, core Java/Python/Perl is required
• Good knowledge of HBase schema design and optimization
• Experience working on Hadoop projects
• Good in requirements gathering and analysis
• Solid SQL experience is a big advantage.
• Familiarity with MapR M7 is highly desirable
• Proficient communication skills both verbal and written