Company Name: eBay
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Posted: 14th Nov, 2017
Job Responsibilities -
- Be part of the mission to contribute into and enable the next generation Hadoop Platform at eBay.
- Work in small groups of extremely talented and dedicated engineers in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Design and implement differentiated production-grade features related to security, high availability and multi-tenancy.
- Ability to contribute into open source projects while delivering value to ebay
Job Requirements :
- Strong passion for core platform initiatives
- Experience with architectures and analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Java or equivalent programming skills with experience building and managing enterprise grade systems software
- Strong experience with Apache Hadoop. Experience with Hortonworks distributions is a plus.
- Familiarity with Spark and/or other related open source projects
- Familiarity with Hadoop Security projects like Knox Gateway, Sentry, Ranger, Rhino is a plus
- Ability to provide guidance to team members on platform concepts and practices
- Experience building high performance, high scalability, and high availability applications is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum and previous experience delivering in a story driven agile environment is preferred
- Master Degree in Computer Science or a bachelor’s degree with significant relevant experience is required
- 10+ years related work experience
- Good linux and networking knowledge
- Self directed work style with minimum supervision
- Strong technical and large systems design skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills