Hadoop/Java Applications Developer
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The CCA group is currently seeking a Hadoop engineer to join the Big Data platform team. As a member of the Big Data team, you will work closely with the business and technology partners to create custom solutions to leverage distributed computing systems in their applications, while adhering to development best practices and standards and focus on building reusable and extendable code.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• 5+ years in the Financial Services industry.
• 5+ years in an engineering role
• Necessary: Hadoop, HDFS
• Necessary: Java, Scala, Maven, Spring, API, Linux
• Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark
• MLLib, Mahout, NLTK, OpenNLP, Spark Streaming
• Kafka, Sqoop, Flume
• Yarn, Zookeeper, Oozie
• HBase, Elasticsearch, Solr, MongoDB, Cassandra
• 4+ years experience with Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, or Postgresql databases and constructing data models.
• ETL/ELT solution experience – Informatica, Abinitio, Control-M
• Advanced graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• Technology / Architecture experience at major financial institution or client-facing experience at a Big 4.