Junior Data Engineer
You’ll participate in the implementation of the entire data pipeline, from capturing and storing data to processing that data using Apache Spark and making it available to other team members. You’ll work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines. You’ll help develop the architecture and standards for our business metric warehouse and the corresponding reports and data visualization tools built from it. Lastly and most importantly, you’ll need to be extremely curious and expected to learn constantly!
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and industry experience; MS preferred
• Ability to write high-quality code in Scala, Python, or Java
• Experience writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL queries
• Understanding of MapReduce and “big data” tools like Pig, Hive, or Spark
• Ability to communicate clearly in English
Nice to haves:
• Experience building complex ETLs, Data Warehousing or custom pipelines from multiple datasources
• Expert in building, testing, and optimizing production-quality reporting/analytics
• Comfortable developing in Python, Clojure, or similar language
• Familiarity with Apache Spark, Hadoop, or similar data processing architectures
• Knowledge of Statistics and/or Machine Learning Familiarity with columnar data stores
• Experience with data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Onyx, Hive/PIG, etc.
• Extensive LOTR or Star Wars knowledge