Junior Data Scientist
Company Name: Eventus Solutions Group
Location: Englewood, CO
Date Posted: 11th Jul, 2016
- Data mining, transformation, and manipulation using Enterprise Visualization and Business Intelligence tools.
- Statistical modelling including simple linear regression, multiple linear regression, logistic regression, and geodemographic segmentation. Should be familiar with backwards elimination vs. forwards elimination vs. all-in methodologies.
- Data warehousing, architecture, data wrangling, and data preparation using ETL/ELT, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS or similar tools.
- Present complex findings to executives and clients in a way that lay individuals can understand.
- Design and implement custom algorithms, flow processes, and layouts for complex data sets used for modeling, data mining, statistical analysis, and research purposes.
- Use statistical theory on modeling, simulation, and data analysis to deliver measurable improvements to the organizational policies and programs, as well as, author complex documents describing and visualizing analytical results.
- Bachelors’ degree in Statistics/Computer Science/Mathematics/related field and/or 3-5 years’ of experience in a similar position.
- Proven expertise in data analysis, reporting, data visualization, data warehousing, architecture, and analytics presentation.
- Experience in any/all of the following; Tableau, Python, R, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Flume, Scoop, Snowflake, Gretl, Minitab, Visual Studio, MySQL, SQL Server, or SSIS/SSAS/SSRS.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Must be motivated to learn, and highly collaborative.
- Has the ability to coach others and guide them through findings in way that they can understand.