Lead/Sr. Engineer, Platform
Company Name: Catalina Marking Saint Petersburg
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Posted: 07th Oct, 2016
- A passion for building software and delivering technology for business. If you are looking for an average 9 to 5 job, this might not be the one for you.
- Commitment to quality over quantity. When consumers are your end-user, you can’t afford to launch with issues.
- A desire to collaborate, more often than not. You won’t spend much time in isolation here at Catalina.
- An ability to create streamlined applications that perform under load. Our systems have less than a second to respond or revenue is lost.
- A good working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes. Bonus points if you have helped another organization make the transition.
- Clear communication skills. We are looking for someone that is comfortable talking to peers about a design solution on the same day they are explaining a new technology to an executive.
- A desire to focus on results, less on non-value activities. As a lean IT professional on the team, you’ll have goals to meet, and the freedom to meet those goals in the most effective manner possible.
- 5+ years working with Java (maven, eclipse, jacoco, surefire, spring, junit, funkload)
- 5+ years working with SQL and NoSQL stores
- 3+ years working with Cloud (Amazon, Azure, Rackspace, or similar)
- Comfort traversing the whole stack: client-side through the persistence layer
- Experience with test frameworks: junit, guage, RSpec, Shoulda, Cucumber
- Experience working with and/or designing external APIs
- Experience in automation (Puppet, Chef, Vagrant)
- Experience with In-Memory Caching, Queues, Protocols, SOLR, Avro, Protocol Buffers, Thrift
- Experience with terrabytes of information on big data (hadoop, hbase, hive) for aggregation and rollup