Machine Learning Engineer
Company Name: Samsung NEXT Start
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 05th Dec, 2017
- Define and implement innovative algorithms for extracting semantic information (e.g. politeness, autonomy, intent) from messages
- Model the collaboration patterns of teams, identifying predictive signals within daily digital conversations to improve employee satisfaction and improve retention
- Design and build scalable systems to train, test, and run your models on real user data
- Implement API’s to expose statistics to user-facing systems, including the website and mobile apps
- Be an influential voice on a small, rapidly innovating team building a next generation product
- Set strategic vision and deal with the complexities of an evolving machine learning stack (e.g. data storage, feature engineering, deployment of models)
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related quantitative disciplines.
- Proficient in Python and SQL, with strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures). Capable of writing high performance, scalable, production level code.
- Knowledge of NLP and the semantic interpretation of messages: entity extraction, knowledge graph creation, text classification, and topic modeling.
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques, including supervised and unsupervised algorithms, clustering, graph analytics, and time series analysis. Experience with data science toolkits such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, etc.
- Experience with distributed machine learning frameworks (e.g. Spark, GraphX) a plus.
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment, has strong communication skills and is excited about the opportunity to influence product development and roadmapping.