Maps Search and Machine Learning Engineer/Scientist
Company Name: Apple
Location: Santa Clara Valley, CA
Date Posted: 12th Dec, 2017
- Apply knowledge of data mining, information retrieval, NLP and machine learning to develop key iOS and OS X features focused on improving local search experience.
- Collaborate with various teams (e.g., infrastructure, quality, data) to develop exciting features and contribute towards our mission of best search experience to our end-users.
- Design and build highly scalable, big data pipelines that enable enriching maps index with extremely relevant location-sensitive-knowledge.
- Design and develop tools, processes and analytics for backend data-extraction pipelines - along with performing hands-on analyses to answer hard hypotheses/questions.
- Own and conduct A/B tests for exploring various ideas and perform data analysis to infer insights from experiments to help ship features.
- Develop and mentor aspiring applied scientists / engineers to expand their scope and have a big impact. Be part of building a world class search team!
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking
- Practical understanding of the mathematics behind modern machine learning, linear algebra and statistics.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Java or C/C++ or Python or equivalent
- Good knowledge of big data processing, prior experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig is highly desired.
- Knowledge and prior experience with some deep learning frameworks is desired by not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - working independently and/or in small teams
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.