Principal Data Scientist
Company Name: Move, Inc
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Date Posted: 22nd Jul, 2016
- Perform exploratory analysis on Moves wealth ofdataincluding consumer web and mobile behavior and North Americas most comprehensive and up-to-date listings and propertiesdataset.
- Effectively partner with product management and thedataproduct team to build newdatadriven features for personalization, targeting, recommendations, search, guided discovery, and market insights for a great consumer experience
- Drive A/B, multivariate tests and design of experiments to facilitate testing of new product and design features, with focus on improving engagement, retention, and conversion.
- Select, apply, and tune a diverse set of tools to coherently solve challenging business goals
- Create automated learning systems that gracefully scale to increasing complexity and expectation
- Develop predictive, explanatory models and machine learning algorithms
- Generate descriptive visualizations and presentations to communicate insights
- Mentor a team ofdatascientistsondataexploration, machine learning and developingdata-based products
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, advocate for experimentation based, agile culture.
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, computerscience, quantitative analysis, economics or related field is required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience indatascience,dataanalytics, or applied statistics,
- 5+ years experience with machine learning,datamining, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- 5+ years experience in R, Perl, Python, Spark, or other languagesand frameworks appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical, textual, image, and videodata
- Working experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with experiment design and A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience and proven track record developing onlinedataproducts
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills