Company Name: Saama Technologies Inc
Location: Phoenix AZ
Date Posted: 22nd Sep, 2016
- Self-starter who gets results with minimal support and direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative; challenges the status quo to drive change.
- Learns quickly; takes smart risks to experiment and learn.
- Works well with others; builds trust and maintains credibility.
- Planful: identifies and confirms key requirements in dynamic environments; anticipates tasks and contingencies.
- Communicates effectively; productive communication with clients and all key stakeholders communication in both verbal and written communication.
- Stays the course despite challenges & setbacks. Works well under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills; able to apply inductive and deductive thinking to generate solutions for complex problems.
- Minimum 6+ years of hands on experience in software development.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working on Scala and 3+ years on with Hadoop/Big Data stack and Java.
- Solid experience in object oriented programming, especially Java, design patterns extra.
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Hands-on experience using Database procedural languages (such as SQL, PL/SQL, Database scripting in any of the following databases DB2, Oracle or Teradata).
- Understanding of NoSQL data stores, messaging or pub-sub queuing systems and data processing frameworks.
- Experience in Extract data from multiple structured and unstructured feeds by building and maintaining scalable ETL pipelines on distributed software systems.
- Exposure to Object-oriented design, distributed computing, performance/scalability tuning, advanced data structures and algorithms, real time analytics and large scale data processing.
- Exposure working in an Agile/SCRUM model.