Senior Application Architect
- Architect and design data patterns, compute and design strategies for enterprise applications to support client business processes and functional requirements as it relates to complex data driven solutions
- Actively participate with cross-functional teams to drive Solution designs from inception to project delivery
- Research and analyze business requirements and recommend optimal solutions within Information management technology architecture.
- Support the development of Data Management roadmaps, associated plans and apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase measureable business results and minimize risk.
- Preparing architecture blueprints, position papers, conducting market research and proof of concepts on emerging technologies
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions (buy/build/reuse).
• 10+ years of experience in the design and development of data warehousing, reporting and analytics technology solutions
• 7+ years of experience in the role of application architect and knowledge of establishing Big Data standards on Hadoop (Hortonworks) and platforms such as Exadata, Netezza or Terradata
• 2+ years of experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka)
• 2+ years of related experience in big data architecture
• 2+ years of experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Unix, Linux, Apache, R/Python/Scala)
• Experience with performance tuning and optimization with the Relational Databases and Hadoop stack
• Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards
• Develop/maintain a proficient knowledge of system development methodologies, key business initiatives / issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions
• Able to multi-task in a very dynamic environment
• Experience with relational database technologies including Oracle 12x, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres