Senior Backend Engineer, Scala
Company Name: Orchard Platform
Location: New York, NY
Date Posted: 04th Nov, 2016
- Motivated engineers who love to design, code, and implement creative new features and enhancements to Orchard's marketplace lending services.
- Someone who wants to push limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in functional programming; working closely with product managers, designers and other cross-functional team members.
- Coders who take on the challenge of working with a sense of urgency and can rapidly iterate on product/platform features
- Engineers with a sense of humor and desire to continuously learn
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or work equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in distributed & infrastructure software development
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background in C++, Java, Scala; exposure to other functional languages like Haskell is a plus
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks, languages and protocols
- Experience with (Apache Spark, Flink, Scalding, Akka, Storm) is a plus!
- Prior experience with multiple relational and columnar data stores such as MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Cassandra, Vertica
- Familiar with software engineering best practices, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation