Senior Big Data Developer
Company Name: HCA Corporate
Location: Nashville, US
Date Posted: 18th Feb, 2017
- Responsible for building and supporting a Hadoop-based ecosystem designed for enterprise-wide analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Manage and optimize Hadoop/Spark clusters, which may include many large HBase instances
- Support regular requests to move data from one cluster to another
- Manage production support teams to make sure service levels are maintained and any interruption is resolved in a timely fashion
- Bring new data sources into HDFS, transform and load to databases.
- Work collaboratively with Data Scientists and business and IT leaders throughout the company to understand Big Data needs and use cases.
- Strong understanding of best practices and standards for Hadoop application design and implementation.
- Hands-on experience with Cloudera Distributed Hadoop (CDH) and experience with many of the following components:
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark Streaming, Impala, Hive, Solr, YARN
- Java, Python, or Scala
- SQL, JSON, XML
- Avro, Parquet
- Flume, Kafka
- Experience in developing MapReduce programs using Apache Hadoop for working with Big Data.
- Experience having deployed Big Data Technologies to Production.
- Understanding of Lambda Design Architectures and Real-Time Streaming
- Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities.
- Requires strong practical experience in agile application development, file systems management, and DevOps discipline and practice using short-cycle iterations to deliver continuous business value.
- Ability to define and utilize best practice techniques and to impose order in a fast-changing environment. Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment.