Senior Consultant, Data Scientist
Company Name: Sun Life Financial
Location: Toronto, ON
Date Posted: 20th Dec, 2017
- Research and source relevant data from internal business systems, external free and commercial data products
- Apply machine learning, Natural Language Processing and AI techniques to extract learnings from available data
- Use statistical methods to test finding through prototyping and scenario testing
- Leverage business knowledge and judgement to prioritize approaches with a material financial impact
- Use core AI and Big Data tools to solve business problems
- Identify cutting edge algorithmic solutions available in AI domain that might be applicable to our business problems.
- Customize the best practices in industrial techniques toward using Big Data tools and Data Science for our projects in Innovation Lab.
- Extract actionable insights from big unstructured datasets which we have access to, by using advanced machine learning methods.
- Extensive knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning tools and concepts.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Information Extraction tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Hands on experience with Python, R or Scala, particularly with data science related packages and visualization techniques.
- Familiar with Spark and Hadoop.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and also perform well in team projects.
- Good communication skills.
Nice to know about:
- NoSQL databases.
- D3.js for web based visualization.
University degree in math, computer science, or other relevant fields. A graduate degree (MS or PhD) is preferred.
5+ years experience in data science, BI and related topics.