Senior Data Scientist - Growth & Engagement, Consumer Analytics
Company Name: LinkedIn
Location: Mountain View, CA
Date Posted: 29th Aug, 2016
- Extract and analyze LinkedIn data to derive actionable insights
- Formulate success metrics, socializing them and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas and convert the results into actionable product recommendations
- As an end consumer of the data, determine the tracking necessary to enable analytics of our products and features by working closely with product and engineering partners
- Enable others in the organization to utilize your work by onboarding new metrics into our self-serve data system and the experimentation platform
- Develop models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to principal performance metrics
- Provide technical guidance to more junior team members
- BS + 4 years of industry experience OR MS + 2 years of industry experience OR PhD
- Degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
- Experience programming in Java, C/C++, Python, or equivalent
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
- BS + 6 OR MS + 4 OR PhD + 2 years’ industry experience working with large amounts of real data, ideally at a consumer web or internet based company
- Experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Sawzall, etc.
- 5+ years work experience programming in Java, C/C++, or Python
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis
- Expertise in applied statistics and in at least one statistical software package, preferably R