Senior Data Scientist - Masters or PhD
As part of our Data Science team, this role would be to develop new and innovative ways to project and predict optimal vehicle pricing and dealership sales behavior. With over 3 million currently for-sale vehicles in our database and over 2 years of pricing and sales history from 19,800+ US car dealers, the breadth and depth of our Big Data is unique and revolutionary. You will extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms and underlying mathematical theory, and use your analytics skills to help design and implement core components of our algorithms and models. Please consider learning more about this exciting and essential role where you can have daily, direct impact on the continued evolution of our innovative products.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, CS, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related mathematics or engineering disciplines with focus on Big Data analytics, mathematical algorithms, probability theory, natural language processing, and statistical modeling techniques
- Interest in Big Data and the associated methodologies
- 2+ years of experience in algorithm development and statistical analysis of massive datasets, or equivalent coursework
- Desire to balance theory with pragmatic problem solving skills to develop and apply advanced algorithms to real world problems and data
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis, visualization and data mining tools using the R language and related systems
- Resourceful, flexible, adaptable team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work within a dynamic startup environment
- 3+ years of programming experience in R
- 2+ years of scripting experience (Python) and writing SQL queries and working with databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Software programming skills in Java, C++, or C# a plus
- Ability to work with product managers and engineers to translate requirements into design that can be implemented in code for both car pricing analysis and data visualization