Senior Data Scientist
Company Name: RBC
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Date Posted: 09th Feb, 2017
- Autonomously direct data science initiatives to uncover business value using statistical, machine learning and analytics techniques
- Deploy production-scale solutions using the Hadoop Ecosystem, transforming statistical and machine learning models from single node architecture to parallel processing grid technology
- Use deep business domain knowledge to independently lead the analytics process to identify valuable and innovative insights.
- Create software packages that can be reused inside the enterprise.
- Promote analytics across the enterprise to enable RBC to become a data-driven organization.
- Masters or PHD in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with big data technologies - Hadoop (Pig, Hive), noSQL/SQL databases, parallel processing techniques and Apache Spark
- 3+ years of experience in Machine-Learning, data mining and statistics.
- Strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining.
- Expert working knowledge of Python, R, Java and SQL
- Familiar with a Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Expert data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data science technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with a range of data tools.
- Work experience with complex visualization of data.
- Contribution to research communities including publishing papers.