Senior Data Scientist
Company Name: PRS
Location: Boca Raton. FL
Date Posted: 26th Mar, 2018
- Responsible for creation of models of internal and external systems to extract insights to inform business decisions for both company and its customers.
- Help define the data model and capture algorithm to ensure the ease of downstream analysis.
- Define data model and tools to be used for the creation and analysis of data
- Define hypotheses and run analytical experiments using the scientific method to prove or disprove them
- Create insights for internal systems to predict failures to improve uptime while allowing cloud cost reduction
- Create models that can be applied to customer data to inform their business decisions, E.G. customer flow
- Create visualizations of data and insights to create meaningful messaging around insights and the problems that they solve
- Mentor team on data analytics to help ingrain the use of these insights into the company culture.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constantly tracking its performance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Data Science or related field with a minimum of 8 years experience
- Experience with Predictive Modeling, Machine Learning, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- General knowledge of scripting in a language such as PowerShell or Bash shell
- General knowledge of SQL and NoSql data modeling