Company Name: Interactive Data
Location: New York, NY
Date Posted: 07th May, 2016
- Collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders to lead functional and technical design sessions.
- Work closely with software engineering team and senior leadership to design and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Design, develop and implement full stack solutions using Java, Spring Security, Spring/JPA, Hibernate, MySQL, HSQLDB and NoSQL DBs.
- Be able to lead and/or participate in project efforts using an Agile development methodology.
- Collaborate with QA to develop comprehensive and appropriate test strategies for each release.
- Develop system and training documentation as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed to support project timelines and deliver efforts on time.
- Provide technical programming support or provide subject matter expertise to other team members as needed.
Required Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degree/
- 7+ years of applied work experience developing OO solutions using Java, Spring/JPA, Spring/MVC, Thymeleaf, Hibernate, MySQL, HSQLDB and NoSQL DB (e.g. Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applied expertise developing full stack solutions for both windows and web-based solutions with several of the following technologies: Java, Spring/JPA, Hibernate, TFS, AJAX, JSON, XML, JUnit
- Experience designing and implementing high performance computing methods to support scalable analytics computing across large datasets.
- A team player who collaborates effectively with other software engineers.
- Self-starter, who is both disciplined and accountable for delivering accurate and timely results.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable, results-focused and can work individually or as part of a team.
- Experience deploying Open APIs using REST or SOAP for web-based solutions
- Applied experience developing and support C# and C/C++ solutions.
- Previous experience developing solutions for an Investment Manager, Investment Bank, Broker/Dealer, Hedge Fund or Proprietary Trading firm.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is a plus.
- Java and similar certifications are a plus