Senior Hadoop Developer w/ Java & Multi-threading
- Take ownership of a component of the Query Language (QL), Pricing History or Data Platform (DP) platform.
- Interact with development teams across the firm and understand their software/application requirements and data access patterns.
- Design and develop Distributed systems that meet the firm's low latency, volume, storage and scale expectations.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and sprint sessions to help influence architectural decisions.
- 5+ years of core Java programming experience with strong multi-threaded programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce).
- 3+ years of NoSQL data stores experience (preferably HBase or Cassandra)
- Experience developing, enhancing and maintaining high throughput, low-latency Hadoop systems in a mission-critical production environment
- Experience working in a Test Driven (TDD) and Agile development environment
- Experience enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Oozie, Zookeeper, Flume or Storm