Senior Hadoop Developer
Company Name: Cypress HCM
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: 01st Feb, 2017
- Design and develop end-to-end Hadoop data ingestion process.
- Design and develop Hadoop data integration in both real-time and scheduled mode leveraging appropriate Hadoop open integration framework. Utilizing tools like: Storm, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, etc.
- Manage Hadoop clusters and guide the operational best practices for Hadoop cluster configuration.
- Build Libraries, user defined functions and frameworks around Hadoop
- Manage the performance and allocations in open distributed file system (HDFS) leveraging Hadoop
- Implement standards based monitoring and tuning practices for the 20+ nodes Hadoop ecosystem.
- Translate requirements from business & engineering teams to Hadoop technology solutions.
- Extensive Hadoop Development experience.
- Strong Java application development experience.
- Experience setting up J2EE application build, deploy and promote configurations experience.
- Strong knowledge of SQL (Oracle, NoSQL, SQL Server) databases.
- Solid backgrounds in fundamentals of computer science and development process.
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools.
- Familiarly with Map-Reduce, Hive and other big-data based open source projects.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with Unix-like operation systems.
- Experience in setting up, optimizing and sustaining Hadoop ecosystem at mid-to-large scale.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies a plus.
- Greenplum/Teradata database development experience for large scale of data warehouse.
- Experience with distributed systems, persistence, caching and concurrent programming.
- Experience in Storm/Kafka is a plus.