Senior Manager - Data Science
Company Name: L'Oréal
Location: New York, NY
Date Posted: 17th Oct, 2016
- Lead in the transformation of data-driven decision making in marketing to include predictive analytics
- Deliver on innovating and refining measurement methodologies for marketing that address broad and narrow business objectives
- Drives performance against business objectives which include, but are not limited to: growing revenue, growing share, increasing profitability
- Develop analytical road map that integrates modelling and predictive analytics into current and new business intelligence activities
- Collaborate closely with Digital IT to govern and help facilitate best practices in: Data Collection, Governance, and Hygiene
- Collaborate closely with Data Team to identify new sources of data relevant for modelling business outcomes
- Lead in the following analytical projects, but are not limited to: Product Recommendation Engines, Targeting Segmentations, Predictive Consumer Behavior Models
- Improvements to product and content search and sorting
- Prediction of subscriber churn, sample conversion, shop activation, etc.
- Evangelize Data-Influenced Decision Making within the broader organization via education, presentations, 1-on-1 conversations, etc.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience; Preferably 1 years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of retail (e-commerce, brick & mortar, indirect selling through wholesale)
- Hands-On Experience in the following areas:
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Matrix Computation, Diffusion Geometry, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
- Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, SciPy, Stata, etc.
- Programming Languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl, MATLAB, Pig, etc.
- Relational Databases: SQL-based systems, NewSQL systems (eg. Cloudera, etc.)
- Distributed Computing Systems: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hice, etc
- Data Mining
- Data Modeling
- Predictive Analytics: Machine Learning, Forecasting, etc.
- Visualization: Tableau, D3.js, etc
- Proven record of developing analytical products that drive business decisions and outcomes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present analytics data to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level
- Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results
- Proven ability to manage external suppliers and ensure top value and performance for organization
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times