Senior Scala Developer
Company Name: RBC
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Date Posted: 09th Feb, 2017
- Using different techniques and tools, designs technical solutions that meet business requirements and project life cycle deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
- Develops, codes, documents programs of average to high complexity using different languages.
- Writes unit test plans and provides coordination and support of testing using different tools.
- Completes technical documentation and training material.
- Resolves minor conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate.
- Continually enhances skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
- Service partner orientation/Excellent customer service focus
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with staff at various levels both internally and externally and at varying levels of technical/business knowledge
- Be able to work in and adapt to an agile and high paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and it’s components (HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, Spark)
- Good understanding of available tools in the Hadoop ecosystem and understand tradeoffs.
- 3 years database experience: developed SQL queries against OLAP and OLTP.
- 3 years software development experience: Good understanding of software design patterns, code review, variety of languages.
- 1 year ETL development. Developing and designing ETL processes that ingest data into Hadoop.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux scripting languages.
- Experience with data modeling and data management tools
- Source code control (SVN)
- Java, Python
- Spring, JDBC
- Unix / Linux systems
- General knowledge of factors affecting business.
- Trends in the marketplace / technology.
- Preferred: Three years of experience.
- Required: University Degree, preferably graduate in computer science, finance, mathematics or physical sciences.