Senior Software Engineer - Scala
A startup that creates connected home products for is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for functional programming and affecting real-world devices. The team is building the software platform from the ground up in Scala, Kafka, Spark, Redshift, Docker and AWS, and working on big data problems relating to real-time streaming data architectures and their RESTful API that powers their connected hardware appliances.
What makes their product exciting (besides how cool the user experience is) is its ability to generate separate significant revenue streams from the consumer and business markets. They were featured on Shark Tank earlier this year, receiving the 7th highest valuation in show history, and they’ve seen between a 50-100x increase in traffic to their site since.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with Scala
- Experience building robust and scalable back-end analytics systems
- Experience developing data driven systems and APIs
- Experience programming for the JVM
- BS, MS, or PHD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field of study