Software Engineer - ML/AI Applications
Company Name: Databricks
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 25th Dec, 2017
MISSION/ RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOME
- Implement product features and provide engineering support for customer applications in specific verticals like health and life science (HLS) and finance on Databricks platform.
- Have a dedicated team to work closely with sales, customer success, and other ML teams to streamline our effort on vertical markets.
- Learn and build features to support and innovate vertical applications on Databricks.
- Implement scalable algorithms for verticals using Apache Spark.
- Integrate existing libraries and solutions from vertical markets.
- Offer strong engineering support to strategic customers in targeting verticals.
- Provide language interfaces and features for those verticals, e.g., R and Python
- Give talks and write blog posts for thought leadership.
- Outcomes Easy-to-use and self-serving features to support vertical applications from customers
- Strong engineering support to customer success and strategic customers in verticals.
- Fast learner and excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Passion for developing amazing customer experiences.
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Production quality coding standards and patterns.
- 4+ years of general software programming experience or equivalent experience in graduate research.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.(preferred)
- Experience with development in R or Python.(preferred)
- Work experience in vertical markets that apply big data such as: healthcare, finance, insurance, manufacturing, energy, etc.