Company Name: Barbaricum
Location: Washington, DC Metro
Date Posted: 15th Sep, 2016
- Leads development of software applications and solutions.
- Design, develop code, documentation, and test software.
- Scrape data from numerous sources to be ingested into large databases for use by analysts.
- Assist in the acquisition, repurposing, and analysis of data from the Internet and various administrative sources.
- Formulate and define system scopes, objectives and plans for execution through research and fact finding to develop/deploy/modify complex interconnected systems.
- Provide relational and dimensional data modeling, database design, technical design, and extract/transform/load (ETL).
- Design, develop, implement, and assist in validating ETL processes.
- Develop data analysis and data modeling of various social media platforms.
- Provide on-going software development efforts in support of multiple projects.
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Current experience with scripting software (e.g., PERL, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.).
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming (e.g., JAVA, C, etc.).
- Current experience using web APIs and HTTP XML APIs, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media API.
- Demonstrated recent experience programming in Linux/Unix and Windows environments (command line, shell scripting).
- Demonstrated recent system engineering development and integrating solutions in SQL, Oracle (PL/SQL), or SQL server (T-SQL)MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hbase, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (e.g., Kinesis, EC2, S3, SQS, etc.).
- Full text search experience (e.g., Lucene, Soir, Elastic Search) including the processing of languages with non-latin character sets.
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership and success in achieving high results.