Specialist, Data Analytics-DAT0002K
Company Name: Prudential
Location: Norwood, MA
Date Posted: 23rd Aug, 2016
- Integrate and mine large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns using predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning techniques
- Conduct intermediate and advanced statistical analysis, such as linear regression, ANOVA, time-series analysis, classification models, neural networks, decision trees, as well as analysis of unstructured data (e.g., social media listening, digital footprints, speech analytics)
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports, findings, and presentations to key stakeholders, distilling complex statistical information into easy-to-understand business language
- Apply knowledge of Prudential’s U.S. businesses and corporate groups and relevant industry knowledge to analysis and insights
- Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring times and on-budget completion
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline plus a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience, or bachelor’s degree plus 5 years work experience
- Experience analyzing large data sets using statistical software, such as SAS, R, Python, and SPSS, to discover new business insights
- Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- SQL Programming and experience of at least one DBMS such as IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server or Sybase are required.
- Java strongly desired
- Prior experience with building models, analyzing unstructured data, and/or machine learning
- Prior academic and work experience in Statistics, with exposure to data structures and data visualization