Sr Big Data Developer_WB
Company Name: GlobalLogic
Location: Chicago, IL
Date Posted: 30th May, 2017
- Work on tasks assigned by Technical Architects related to a proof-of-concept in the area of big data. Many activities will involve implementation of a series of use cases for a given technology stack which includes: HDInsight, Azure Event Hub (or Kafka), Azure Data Factory (or Talend), HBASE, Hive, Pig, Sqoop and Flume.
- Recommend, design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems for large work efforts of medium to high complexity.
- Collaborate with architects and developers and present alternative approaches to complex problems.
- Document techniques/approaches, process flow diagrams and data models as required.
- 6+ years of experience with at least 2+ years with big data.
- 3+ years with Java, J2EE & databases like Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Experience in developing systems/applications with Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop (Hortonworks or Cloudera), Map Reduce Pig, Hive, Sqoop and Flume.
- Experience with Spark, Spark Streaming or Storm and Kafka.
- Experience with any ETL tool (Talend preferred)
- Experience with troubleshooting performance issues, SQL tuning etc.
- Experience with shell scripting using Unix, PERL or Python
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra or HBASE