Sr. Data Architect
Company Name: Five9
Location: San Ramon, CA
Date Posted: 30th Sep, 2016
- Design and develop a data platform that fits the transactional and reporting needs of the Organization.
- Understand and analyze business data requirements and architect an accurate, extensible, flexible and logical data model.
- Rapidly prototype and prove the solutions using relational and OLAP databases.
- Understand and maintain existing schema with industry standard change management process to achieve zero down time schema upgrade.
- Set up the data modelling tenants and review the proposed data modelling changes against the same.
- Develop and keep current, a high-level data strategy that fits with the Data Warehouse Standards and the overall strategy of the Company.
- Design and build world class high-volume real-time data ingestion frameworks and automate various data sources into Bigdata technologies like Hadoop etc.
- Identify and predict technology needs related to data and reporting for the organization, and propose technology solutions.
- Ability to identify and resolve any performance and/or data related issues in production.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and work closely within a coordinated team environment and maintain composure while dealing with time sensitive deadlines or challenging people.
- 10+ years of overall Software engineering experience.
- Highly experienced in Data modelling, architecture and metadata management.
- Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning high volume transactional database.
- Experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies.
- Experience with commercial ETL platforms.
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale).
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.