Sr. Data Engineer - Analytics
- Experience in all phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support
- Hands on experience designing large-scale data warehouses using Star/Snowflake Schema.
- Experience in data acquisition techniques for easy information retrieval and reporting, and archival strategies.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Demonstrable expertise utilizing ETL tools, modelers, designing and implementing ETL packages, and RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Strong leader with experience mentoring developers and advising technical groups on ETL and data warehousing best practices.
- Participated in the design and management of highly available, secure, and distributed database infrastructure.
- Ability to work with business analysts, product management, and other information consumers to drive big data use cases.
- Experience leveraging BI tools to build and illustrate data statistics and business impactful dimensions.
- Team player with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
·Sr. Engineer- 5-7 Years of experience (a minimum of 3 years of data experience)
·Principal Engineer- 8+ years of experience (a minimum of 6 years of data experience)
Preferred Technology and Skills
·Data Warehouse Systems and Analytic Databases - one of AWS Redshift, Vertica, Teradata or Hive
·UNIX scripting, Python, Perl
·Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, Pentaho or similar technology
·Familiarity with Analytics Platforms a bonus: Hadoop, EMR, Apache Spark