Sr Data Engineer
Company Name: Disney Parks & Resort
Location: Burbank, CA
Date Posted: 06th Oct, 2016
- Work on all phases of projects from design to implementation including specifications, development, testing, rollout, documentation and, if applicable, turnover to the Maintenance Engineering and Operations Team.
- Work within state of the art engineering practices (i.e. SCRUM, unit testing, design review, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.).
- Partners with team lead to identify technical requirements and alternatives to accomplish project.
- Providing accurate estimates for project development and implementation. Work with management to meet those estimates.
- Participates in design, code, test, maintenance, enhance and decommission phases throughout software life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues.
- Presents status, plan and issues/risks at daily stand-ups.
- Mitigates risk for the project, team and company.
- Work with the Architecture team in defining software and infrastructure technical solutions.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to team members.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to team members within and outside of immediate group.
- Participate in interviewing technical candidates and provide feedback.
- Iteratively improves projects with agile delivery practices.
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented analysis, design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience in a data oriented role
- Strong Java 1.7+ Experience
- Strong Linux Experience
- Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis including design patterns, hardware and software requirements, systems requirements and deployment protocols
- Agile experience using Scrum
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience with unit testing & test driven development (TDD)
- BS in computer science, engineering, mathematics or physical sciences
- Experience with the Hadoop batch processing framework and map reduce design patterns
- Experience with a widely used RDBMS’ and SQL
- Experience with at least one columnar NoSQL solution
- Experience with Apache Spark including Spark Streaming
- Experience with LinkedIn’s Azkaban, Apache Closure
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Apache Camel
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS integrations
- API level experience with Youtube, Twitter and Facebook
- Experience creating robust and reliable data pipelines
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.
- Experience with various, modern web frameworks
- Experience with PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Experience with Apache hBase
- Experience with Apache Hive and/or Apache Crunch