Sr. Hadoop Developer
* Analyze business requirements then design & develop applications to support them, suggesting the innovative use of newer technologies where appropriate.
* Understand & follow the complete agile SDLC methodology.
* Build and maintain positive relationships with internal clients & IT co-workers.
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Possess the ability to associate past experience with current events in order to resolve problems or generate new ideas.
* Develop & execute test scenarios ensuring the stability/performance of applications.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 7+ years of experience working with Java, Linux/Unix, Shell Scripting, and RDBMS.
* Minimum of 3 years solid experience w/Hadoop & related Stack.
* Must have working knowledge of MapReduce, Pig and Hive
* Knowledge of Impala is highly recommended.
* Cloudera certification added advantage.
* Prior experience with Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) is desirable.
* Experience with architecture, design & development of Big Data & Data Marts utilizing Hadoop and/or in-memory databases such as MongoDB, HBase
* Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps is a +.
* Desire to learn the Fixed Income Business