Sr. Java/Hadoop Developer
1. Design and development of data ingestion pipelines.
2. Perform data migration and conversion activities.
3. Develop and integrate software applications using suitable development methodologies and standards, applying standard architectural patterns, taking into account critical performance characteristics and security measures.
4. Collaborate with Business Analysts, Architects and Senior Developers to establish the physical application framework (e.g. libraries, modules, execution environments).
5. Perform end to end automation of ETL process for various datasets that are being ingested into the big data platform.
1. Document and maintain project artifacts.
2. Suggest best practices, and implementation strategies using Hadoop, Java, ETL tools.
3. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes, and best practices.
4. Other duties as assigned.
2. J2EE, Web Applications, Tomcat (or any equivalent App server), Restful Services, JSON
3. Spring, Spring Boot, Struts, Design Patterns
4. Hadoop (preferably Cloudera (CDH)) , HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Oozie, HBase
Good to Have:
8. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
9. Python, Perl
10. Flume, Solr
11. Strong Database Design Skills
12. ETL Tools
13. NoSQL databases (Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra)
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
• Must have at least 5 years of IT development experience.
• Must have strong, hands-on J2EE development
• Must have indepth knowledge of SCALA – Spark programming
• Must have experience with ETL tools
• Must have experience integrating web services
• Knowledge of standard software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be willing to flex work hours accordingly to support application launches and manage production outages if necessary