Technology Engineer IV
Company Name: Technology Engineer IV
Location: Reston, VA
Date Posted: 23rd Nov, 2017
Job Responsibilities -
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solutions-focused IT professional with technical skills in physical and virtual infrastructure encompassing compute, network, storage areas; Well-versed in designing high availability/clustering solutions along with broad knowledge of DevOps, Agile, CI/CD and ITSM best practices.
- 6+ years of UNIX and LINUX experience including designing, building and maintaining the operating system environments running Database, App and Web servers. (Oracle/Tomcat/JBoss/Apache)
- Significant experience with Data Center migration, Physical/Virtual host provisioning, Business Continuity and Technical Resiliency testing to support applications’ required RTO/RPO.
- Demonstrated success in large, multi-year technology implementations with multiple projects and work streams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels; Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project Server
- Partnering with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation in the IT infrastructure domain while ensuring risks are understood and minimized
- Experience in a primary liaison role between Business Units and Enterprise Infrastructure support teams with a sharp focus on business outcomes.
- Keen interest in technology innovation with a penchant for learning new technologies such as machine learning/AI, robotics and conduct studies to provide more efficient and cost effective engineering solutions
- Highly organized and prepared for quickly adjusting to changing priorities in a complex application environment.
- Ability to lead infrastructure discussions for building, configuring and deploying application environments with emphasis on usability and end user experience.
- Experience and ability to work across different stakeholder teams across the Enterprise and influence successful application releases
- Hands-on development/scripting experience for automating solutions to address common infrastructure tasks.
- Good understanding of data analysis using AWS EMR, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig and Spark.