Welcome to the Cortana Intelligence Suite workshop – Azure SQL Data Warehouse Focus delivered by your Microsoft Data Science team. In this big data project, you’ll cover a series of modules that guide you from understanding an analytics workload, the Cortana Intelligence Suite Process, Massive Parallel Processing and loading a data warehouse using various tools. You’ll also learn how to work through a real-world scenario using the Cortana Intelligence Suite tools, including the Microsoft Azure Portal, PowerShell, and Visual Studio, among others.
- CIS overview and how Azure SQL Data Warehouse fits into CIS
- Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Working with Tables, Indexes, and Statistics
- Loading data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Managing Security and Administration.
- Workshop recap (Extended Class)
- Understand the CIS Process (General level), Understand CIS Components (General Level), set up and configure the development environment
- Understand how to create an Azure SQL Data Warehouse using various tools.
- Understand SQL Data Warehouse and its constructs, Implement loading activities into Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Manage the security and administration of an Azure SQL Data Warehouse