Macro is basically used in Excel to automate a task that needs to be performed repeatedly.
Apr 11 2014 05:32 PM
When you record a macro, Excel stores information about each step you take as you perform a series of commands. If you start recording a macro, it will remember everything you do within a program. You then run the macro to repeat, or play back the commands. When the macro is played, it will repeat everything you did while you were recording the macro.
STEPS TO RECORD A MACRO
1) Under VIEW tab,go to Macros and then click --> Record Macro.
2) A window will open. Type a name for the macro in the Macro Name text box.
3) Assign a Shortcut Key.
4) From the Store Macro In drop-down list, select where you want to store the macro: This Workbook, New Workbook, Personal Macro Workbook.
5) Type a description of the macro in the Description text box.
6) Click OK.
7) Perform the actions you want to record.
8) Choose Stop Recording.