Filtering is a way that you can use Excel to quickly extract certain data from your spreadsheet.
Mar 05 2014 01:25 PM
It actually hides the rows or columns containing data that do not meet the filter criteria you define. Excel has an AutoFilter feature that makes it very easy to extract data from your spreadsheet.
To use the AutoFilter to view words that start with p:
1) Select the data you want to filter.
2) Under the Home tab, press the Sort and Filter button and select the Filter button.
3) A drop-down menu will appear next to the cell heading.
4) Clicking on any drop-down menu will provide you with options for filtering.
5) Under the drop-down menu, select "Text Filters" and choose the option "Begins with".
6) When you enter the letter "p", and click OK, only the words beginning with "p" will be displayed.